The Police Treatment Centres
As a Police Officer the risk of illness or injury is always there and this can be compounded because of the weight of equipment carried. Recent proposals mean that if injury, illness or stress affects your capability to work the consequences may not only be reduced pay or no pay during absence, but also potentially the loss of your job.
The Police Treatment Centres is a registered charity which provides treatment, recuperation, support, including intensive, police specific, physiotherapy and rehabilitation, for injured and ill Police Officers and retired Officers. There are two residential centres at Harrogate and Auchterarder, Perthshire, which are easily accessible by road or public transport. You do not have to be injured on duty to receive treatment.
To be eligible for the Trust’s benefit, officers must make a donation of 20p per week. Further details and sign up forms can be found by clicking here
Treatments and facilities
- Intensive, police specific physiotherapy
- Fitness classes
- Police specific, personalised treatment plans
- Workshops focussing on back injuries, sleep and stress
- Complementary therapies
- Patient Advisers qualified in counselling techniques and who have an understanding of the stresses relating to Policing
For more information please refer to the Police Treatment Centres website.
- User Guide
- Information for the Defence Police Federation regarding accessing treatment at the Police Treatment Centres
- Out-Patient Application Form
- In-Patient Application Form
- Accommodation for Spouse/Partner/Visitor Application Form
- Ministry of Defence Police Sign Up Form – Police Treatment Centre
- St Georges Police Childrens Trust – DD Sign Up Form
- NB on the DD Form Police Treatment Centre 2015 please note that Police Treatment Centres is Charity Commission Registration Number 1147449 and the address is Harlow Moor Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG2 0AD. Minimum donation of £7.80 to be eligible for treatment.
- Please use the reference ‘MOD’ on the attached Direct Debit Mandate
The information and guidance I received from N.P.C.T.C. at Auchterarder was excellent. All of the classes and exercises were given by trained and qualified individuals who throughout my (2 x 1 week) stays continually assessed my progress and adjusted my routines accordingly. On the last day, of each week, I was reassessed by the Head Physiotherapist and given further advice, information and exercises to continue to do in my own time. The centre also provides a two week ‘Back Care Programme’ which specifically caters for people like me who have back problems.
Throughout my stays the food was excellent and all dietary needs catered for. There is no pressure put on you to attend any or all of the classes / exercises and the whole atmosphere is very relaxing. All staff are very friendly, approachable and professional. The equipment and facilities are also well maintained. Hopefully I will not need to utilise these facilities again, but if any officer has need to, then I would not hesitate to recommend that they take up the offer.
MDP Police Officer
I attended the centre for 2 weeks respite in relation to a stress related condition. I found it difficult to settle on the first day but saw the nurse on the Tuesday morning who was absolutely fantastic, I felt reassured and was booked in for various classes and therapies. The accommodation and facilities here are superb. All the staff are kind, helpful and friendly. The complementary therapies I received were totally amazing and above all relaxing. Terry has been more of a help in these 2 weeks than my own counsellor has in a month!
BTP Police Officer
All the staff were very friendly, helpful and took an active interest in me. I think an important part for me coming here was for relaxation, I found the complementary treatments extremely worthwhile in achieving that. The service provided by Terry has been great. Juliet has found me a fitness system that works for me and Nev my Physio has greatly improved my injury which will hopefully speed up recovery.
CNC Police Officer
I visited from PSNI following a diagnosis of PTSD. This visit has relaxed and de-stressed me more than I could have hoped for. The staff are second to none; nurses, treatment staff, restaurant staff etc. are all superb. I can’t thank you enough for the kindness shown.
PSNI Police Officer