Bupa Healthcare Scheme
- Insurance Product Information Document
- Application Form
- Policy Summary
- BUPA Eligibility
The Philip Williams Bupa Healthcare Scheme provides the reassurance of cover from diagnosis through to treatment for eligible conditions covered by your policy.
- For getting the help you need faster – for certain conditions, you can speak straight to a specialist, usually without waiting to see a GP**.
- For cancer care that helps get you there – you’ll have access to any cancer drug in the UK that’s licensed for your condition, even if the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) haven’t yet approved it or it isn’t available on the NHS***. With Bupa cancer cover there are no time limits and all your eligible treatment costs are paid in full^ for as long as you have Bupa health insurance.
- For nothing less than health expertise – whenever you need reliable health advice, call Bupa’s Anytime HealthLine to speak directly to qualified nurses and GPs 24/7. You can call them about any family members who are covered under your policy too.
- For more than just health insurance – Bupa don’t just insure, they care. As well as funding diagnosis and treatment, they employ health experts to support you at every step.
Who is the Philip Williams Bupa Healthcare Scheme open to?
The Philip Williams Bupa Healthcare Scheme is open to eligible serving and retired police staff, members of a Police Federation, the National Police Chiefs’ Council and the Police Superintendents’ Association. Partners and children (up to the age of 24) can also be added on to your policy.
All new applicants will be underwritten prior to acceptance. Pre-existing conditions are unlikely to be covered. Further details of benefits and limits can be found in the policy summary.
*For a couple or family, rates will be based on the main applicant’s age. Rates will be reviewed on 30 November annually and any changes will then apply to renewals and new quotes taken out after that date. Quotes are valid for 14 days.
**Direct Access telephone services are available as long as the symptoms are covered under the policy. If your cover excludes conditions you had before your policy started, we’ll ask you to provide evidence from your GP that your symptoms are not pre-existing for a period of up to two years from policy start date (or five years in the case of mental health) before we can refer you to a consultant or therapist through the Direct Access service. Always call us first to check your eligibility.
***Applies to eligible cancer drugs and treatments covered by your policy.
^For eligible treatment on your core health insurance when you use a facility from your chosen Bupa network and a Bupa recognised consultant who agrees to charge within Bupa limits (a fee-assured consultant).
Anytime HealthLine is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Philip Williams & Company Insurance Management is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for General Insurance mediation activities.
Bupa health insurance is provided by Bupa Insurance Limited. Bupa Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Arranged and administered by Bupa Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.