Group Insurance Scheme
The DPF Group Insurance Scheme provides discounted insurance for travel, home emergency and motor breakdown as well as personal injury, critical illness and dental emergency.
The links below provide more detailed policy information on this and all other aspects of the Group Insurance Scheme:
- Travel – See FAQ for more info.
- Home Emergency
- Motor Breakdown
- Injury and Illness
- Dental Emergency
- Dental Injury and Emergency – Full Policy
- Life / Spouse of Serving Officer and Critical Illness
- Fatal Accident Claim Form
- Death Claim Form
Any futher questions regarding policy should be directed to Philip Williams on 01925 604 421.
Members are advised that with effect from 1st October 2016 the travel insurance is provided by Millstream Underwriting Ltd. There are no significant changes to the policy benefits, terms and conditions however the contact details for reporting claims are new.
|IMPORTANT CONTACT DETAILS||Telephone|
|Customer Services||01925 604 email@example.com|
|Emergency Medical Assistance Service (24hours)||+44 (0)20 7183 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Non-Emergency Claims Service||01925 600 email@example.com|
IMPORTANT CONTACT DETAILS Telephone
Customer Services 01925 604 421 firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Medical Assistance Service (24hours) +44 (0)20 7183 3751 email@example.com
Non-Emergency Claims Service 01925 600 842 firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no changes to the policy terms and conditions, subscriptions or the claims procedures. Other policy sections of the Group Insurance Scheme are unaffected.
Joining the Scheme
To join the scheme, please complete Application Form 1 and return it to DPF Head Office. If you answer ‘no’ to any of the questions on the form, please also complete Application Form 2 and send this directly to Philip Williams at the address on the bottom of the form.
If you wish to cancel your subscription to the Group Insurance Scheme, please complete this Cancellation Form and return it to DPF HQ.
NB: Please ensure if you cancel your Group Insurance through HRMS that your DPF subscriptions are not also cancelled, as cancellation of DPF subs will render you unable to receive legal assistance and other membership benifits.
Making a Claim
|24-hour Emergency Travel Assistance||(0)20 7183 3751|
|Non Emergency Travel Claims||01925 600 84|
|UK Motor Breakdown Cover (24-hour helpline)||0333 600 7362|
|Dental Injury and Emergency||Pay the dentist direct and subsequently submit a claim (claim forms can be found below)|
|Home Emergency Assistance (24-hour helpline)||0844 576 5806|
|All Other Claims||0845 230 1650|
- Curtailment Claim Form
- Cancellation Claim Form
- Claim Payment Form – send with Cancellation & Curtailment**
- Missed Departure Claim Form
- Travel Delay Claim Form
- Delayed Baggage Claim Form
- Medical Claim Form – send with Medical Consent Form
- Medical Consent Form – send with Medical Claim Form
- Baggage & Money Claim Form
- Piste Closure Claim Form
- Ski Pack Claim Form
- Critical Ilness Claim Form – after 01 Oct 2015
- Critical Illness Claim Form – before 01 Oct 2015 *
* If the date of the diagnosis for a critical illness is before 1st October 2015, please use the old forms.
** With the Critical Illness form please also complete the Claim Payment form so payment can be made to members by BACS transfer.
Retired DPF Members
Ex-DPF members have several insurance options available to them:
- Ex-members of the Group Insurance Scheme can remain on the scheme but with some reduction in benefits, provided they contact Philip Williams directly within three months of leaving the Force. This option is open to retiring members who will be in immediate receipt of a pension upon departing the force. Each case will be considered on its own merit so please speak to PW directly to clarify the benefits that you are entitled to. Please click here to download the Retired Member Continuation Form.
- All retired officers can apply to join the Philip Williams & Co Essentials Policy (Travel only). In addition, home emergency and motor break down cover can be applied to this travel policy at an additional premium. You do not need to have been a member of the Group Insurance Scheme prior to retirement, and you do not need to be a member of the ROA.
Please contact Philip Williams directly on 01925 604 421 as this scheme is offered independently by them.
Please note you do not need to be a member of the Retired Officers Association to qualify for any of these three options.