Group Insurance Scheme
The DPF Group Insurance Scheme provides discounted insurance for travel, home emergency and motor breakdown as well as personal injury, critical illness and dental emergency.
The links below provide more detailed policy information on this and all other aspects of the Group Insurance Scheme:
- Philip Williams Privacy Notice
- Terminal Prognosis Advance Payment Claim Form
- Life Assurance Claim Form
- Initial Sick Pay Claim Form
- Hospital Benefit Claim Form
- Dental Emergency & Injury Claim Form
- Accident Claim Form
- Permanent Total Disablement / Accidental Loss of Use Claim Form
Any questions regarding policy should be directed to Philip Williams Customer Services on 01925 604 421.
Making a Claim
|Emergency Medical Assistance Service (24hours)||+44 (0)20 7183 3751 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Non-Emergency Claims Service||01925 600 842 email@example.com|
|UK Motor Breakdown Cover (24-hour helpline)||01384 884057|
|Dental Injury and Emergency||Pay the dentist direct and subsequently submit a claim (claim forms can be found below)|
|Home Emergency Assistance (24-hour helpline)||0844 576 5806|
|All Other Claims||0845 230 1650|
- Curtailment Claim Form
- Cancellation Claim Form
- Missed Departure Claim Form
- Travel Delay Claim Form
- Delayed Baggage Claim Form
- Medical and Other Expenses Claim Form
- Baggage & Money Claim Form
- Personal Accident and Illness Claim Form
Joining the Scheme
To join the scheme, please complete Application Form 1 and return it to DPF Head Office. If you answer ‘no’ to any of the questions on the form, please also complete Application Form 2 below and send this directly to Philip Williams at the address on the bottom of the form.
NB: Please ensure if you cancel your Group Insurance subscription through DBS directly that your DPF subscriptions are not also cancelled, as cancellation of DPF subs will render you unable to receive legal assistance and other membership benefits.
Retired DPF Members
Ex-DPF members have several insurance options available to them:
- Ex-members of the Group Insurance Scheme can remain on the scheme but with some reduction in benefits, provided they contact Philip Williams directly within three months of leaving the Force. This option is open to retiring members who will be in immediate receipt of a pension upon departing the force. Each case will be considered on its own merit so please speak to PW directly to clarify the benefits that you are entitled to. Please click here to download the Retired Member Continuation Form.
- All retired officers can apply to join the Philip Williams & Co Essentials Policy (Travel only). In addition, home emergency and motor break down cover can be applied to this travel policy at an additional premium. You do not need to have been a member of the Group Insurance Scheme prior to retirement, and you do not need to be a member of the ROA.
Please contact Philip Williams directly on 01925 604 421 as this scheme is offered independently by them.
Please note you do not need to be a member of the Retired Officers Association to qualify for any of these three options.