To All Members
28th October 2014
REMINDER – PFOA Welfare Coaching Courses
As previously advised, over the next 6 months the Police Firearms Officers Association, in partnership with the Defence Police Federation, will be running two PFOA Welfare Coaching Courses. The first of these courses will be held in Clyde over the weekend commencing 28th November 2014. The second course will be at a date to be arranged in late January early February. The course is over 3 days and is delivered by Ali Campbell who is a world renowned Neuro-Linguistics Programmer (NLP) Trainer. The course will enable those attending to assist the PFOA and DPF to support officers and their families.
Those interested in attending one of these courses should consider the following:
1. You must be a subscribing member of the DPF.
2. You must have at least 5 years Police Service.
3. You must be prepared to undertake a 3-day course and be assessed by a PFOA Welfare Coach for your suitability to provide support to officers and their families.
4. If you are assessed to be suitable as a Welfare Coach there is an expectation that you would commit to this for at least 3 years.
5. Insurance, mentoring and an annual CPD will be provided by the PFOA.
6. Any out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed by the PFOA.
What kind of person are we looking for?
PFOA Welfare Coaches must be experienced police officers with good interpersonal skills. You must have a good sense of humour and be able to communicate effectively with people who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
What is included in the course?
The course will cover neuro-linguistic coaching techniques. These skills will help you emotionally and practically support colleagues and their families experiencing problems such as stress, anxiety and other emotional issues. The course will run from 9.30am to 5.00pm each day. Refreshments will be provided and accommodation where appropriate.
Please contact Claire Batt, DPF Welfare Officer, if you are interested in attending one of the courses. We are limited on places but all expressions of interest will be looked at.
Closing date for those interested is the end of this week for both courses.