To All Members
3rd December 2014
Philip Williams Bupa Healthcare Scheme – Annual Pricing Review
The annual pricing review for the PW Bupa Healthcare Scheme has now been completed.
Significant growth in scheme numbers during the past 12 months has enabled Philip Williams to negotiate a good deal with Bupa, which has kept monthly subscription increases to an absolute minimum and below the level of medical inflation whilst still providing the most comprehensive and affordable healthcare product in the Police market.
The new premiums are listed on the Rating Table which can be found at https://www.dpf.org.uk/services/bupa-healthcare-scheme and will apply with effect from 1st December 2014, dependent upon age band on this date.
Members are advised of of some of the benefits this scheme provides for members and their families. Here are a few key points:-
• Up to 12 months FREE membership for Student Officers in their 1st Year of service and significantly discounted rates available in Year 2
• First 2 months subscription FREE for any new member joining the scheme
• No waiting lists for musculoskeletal injuries meaning that you can return to work sooner.
• No limit on the number of claims you can make – the number or cost of claims will not affect your premium as an individual
• Full cancer and cardiology cover with no cap on approved treatments, therapies and drugs which may not be available on the NHS.
• Access to a nationwide network of over 180 Bupa accredited hospitals means that you can choose the one most convenient for you and an appointment at a time of day to suit your lifestyle.
• Access to Bupa’s Health Line, a 24 hour, 365 days a year health line, staffed by fully qualified Nurses offering guidance and advice on any medical issue totally free of charge.
Demands on the NHS
As NHS funding is under pressure, and there are increasing demands on the service, continued membership of this scheme ensures prompt access to diagnosis and treatment as delay could impact future job security and lifestyle.