IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR GROUP INSURANCE MEMBERS
TRAVELLING TO GREECE
FROM TO 1ST JULY 2015 to 30th SEPTEMBER 2015
This Circular is intended for all members of the DPF Group Insurance Scheme.
Phillip WILLIAMS and Co, have advised us as follows;
In response to the increasing speculation regarding Greece leaving the Eurozone and the impact this may have on holidaymakers travelling or planning to travel to Greece and/ or the Greek Islands, we have approached our Travel Insurers to see what assistance can be provided for your members.
The good news is that we have managed to negotiate an increase in the Cash limit on the Federation’s policy to £1,000 per insured person between 1st July and 30th September 2015. The attached Endorsement has been issued confirming this change to cover.
Please could we ask that you circulate this Endorsement to all your members.
Obviously we want to minimise the potential claims impact this temporary change may have on your scheme and would kindly ask that you remind members of the following common sense measures:
1. The general advice from travel organisations and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office is to take more cash in the event it becomes difficult to access money from ATMs and banks.
2. Take more than one type of payment method abroad so take adequate cash along with other types of payment method – debit, credit and pre-paid cards.
3. Take smaller denominations, splitting money between members of the travelling party, and keep it in safety deposit boxes to avoid carrying too much around
4. Do not place cash in checked in baggage
5. Take extra care, particularly at airports, (both here and in Greece)
6. Keep handbags closed and wallets secure. Do not leave wallets or bags on tables or chairs or in open view while having a coffee etc.
7. Do not take large sums of cash to the beach
8. Never leave cash unattended.
9. In the event of a claim a police report and evidence of cash withdrawal will be required, so retain receipts from ATM’s or foreign exchange shops.